How to Start a Carpet Cleaning Business
- Since these are the heart of any carpet cleaning business, it is important that only the best in the industry are selected. Examples of the best carpet cleaning machines and carpet cleaning chemicals are Daimer's XTreme Power ® brands and Eco-Green ®, respectively.
- When used together, one will obtain unsurpassed cleaning power because they are getting the advantages of both the XTreme Power ® cleaning machine and the environmentally-friendly nature of Eco-Green ® (since Eco-Green ® carpet cleaning chemicals and carpet shampoo are made of 100% natural ingredients).
- On top of this, a carpet cleaning business can be effectively started with XTreme Power's ® lowest priced carpet cleaning equipment model, the XPC 5700. This carpet cleaning machine allows for residential and light commercial use. As the carpet cleaning business grows, an entrepreneur can consider purchasing an XTreme Power ® machine model that is exclusively commercial and industrial grade.
- Licensing is another consideration when starting a carpet cleaning business. An entrepreneur will need to obtain a small business license before actually embarking on a carpet cleaning business. The Small Business Administration contains information on how to go about doing this. Depending on which state the entrepreneur lives in they may also have to get bonded.
- Lastly, an entrepreneur may want to consider professional training courses and certifications to show potential clients they are qualified to carpet clean. When choosing a carpet cleaning course, it is important to make sure it is approved by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification. A list of approved classes can be found on the IICRC website at iicrc.org. When these classes are complete, the entrepreneur can seek an IICRC certification.
- In conclusion, starting a carpeting cleaning business can be an interesting way of establishing financial independence. The steps to beginning a carpet cleaning business includes advertising, buying the right carpet cleaners and chemicals, getting licensed and obtaining classroom instruction and certification.
- If one has a passion for cleaning, likes dealing with the public and doesn't have as much money for initial investment, the carpet cleaning business is a great venture to embark on.
Global Leader in Commercial & Industrial Cleaning Equipment
24 hours, 7 days a week
Starting a Carpet Cleaning Business